Parks and Community Services Director
The Parks and Community Services Department manages and provides maintenance services for City Parks and Facilities, and provides a wide range of recreation activities, programs and services throughout the community.
Divisions and Programs
Parks Maintenance Division
The Services We Provide
The Moreno Valley Parks and Community Services Department:
- Maintains and updates the Parks, Recreation and Open Space Comprehensive Master Plan.
- Maintains over 541 acres of parks, trails, and park facilities including the Senior Community Center and over 195 programs and services offered to youth and adults.
- Annually provides 79 youth programs, 88 Senior programs, and 31 adult programs.
- Maintains and operates 40 parks/facilities; including 23 lighted sports fields and 4 lighted school district sports fields; servicing an estimated 417,180 Moreno Valley youth and adults annually for baseball, softball, and soccer play.
- Coordinates special community events, including Youthfest, Snow Day, and the City's Easter Egg Hunt.
- Coordinates the City's July 4th parade and Family Fun Fest, serving 35,000 participants.
- Operates 10 after-school programs - 9 elementary and 1 middle school.
- Coordinates sports facility reservations for 38 school sites.
- Organizes and implements over 10 different year round sports programs, serving an estimated 1,000 youth; and provides 15 Adult Sports leagues, serving over 1,000 adults.
- Assists Moreno Valley nonprofit sports organizations in hosting regional and national sports tournaments, resulting in a positive economic impact to Moreno Valley business.
- Operates Park Ranger Program, providing for a safer recreational environment.
- Coordinates the production of the Soaring Magazine, delivered to Moreno Valley residents as well as incorporating a video element through MVTV-3. The department also provides information on the City's Web site, maximizing our information to Moreno Valley residents.
- Member of the California Parks and Recreation Society.
- Acquired more than 100 acres of open space including facilities at March Air Reserve Base for public recreation programs and services.
- Awarded a $5.5 million grant by the State Department of Education for after-school child care programs.
- Recipient of the Southern California Municipal Athletic Federations "1997 Gold Shield Award" for providing outstanding leadership.
- Recipient of the 2005 California Parks and Recreation Society Award for “Facility Design and Park Planning” for the Moreno Valley Conference and Recreation Center.
- For more information on the City’s Trail System click here
- Recipient of the 17th City Hall Public Information Award for excellence in the publications category for the Moreno Valley Recreation Guide & City NewsLine.
- Acquired more than 70 acres of open space including facilities at March Air Reserve Base for public recreation programs and services.
- Awarded a $450,000 grant by the State Department of Education (funding renewable each year) for after-school child care programs.
- "Rated Number One in Riverside County for Family Recreation" by the Press-Enterprise newspaper.
- Recipient of the "1998 Project of the Year Award" for the Canyon Springs Public Golf Club.
Also of Interest...
- Application and Art Loan Policy to exhibit your art in a city facility
- Online Registration for Activities
- View availability of City Facilities online
- Parks and Community Services Section
- Conference and Banquet Facilities
- Moreno Valley Recreation Guide & City Newsletter
- California Parks and Recreation Society
- Parks, Community Services and Trails Committee
- Report a Broken or Leaking Sprinkler on City Maintained Property