The Office of Emergency Management and Volunteer Services is responsible for establishing and
implementing plans to minimize the impact and affects that can occur before, during and after a disaster.
The Office of Emergency Management prepares the City and residents through pre-planning, training and exercises in the four phases of Emergency Management – Mitigation, Preparedness, Response and Recovery.
The Office of Emergency Management and Volunteer Services is responsible for:
- Operational readiness of the City's Emergency Operations Center (EOC)
- Collaborating and coordinating with City departments, neighboring cities, the County and State during an EOC activation or incident
- Developing, implements and maintains the City’s Emergency Operations Plan
- Coordinating and conducting training, drills and exercises for City staff
- Providing Disaster and Emergency Preparedness information to the community through outreach programs and public events
- Providing Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Training, Terrorism Awareness Training and Mass Care & Shelter Training
- Volunteer Services
Office of Emergency Management