Skip Navigation

Film Forms & Procedures

The Moreno Valley Film Office is here to make it easier to get your Filming Permit and start your production quickly and efficiently.

To get you started, here are the General Rules and Regulations for Filming in the City and the Answers to Frequently Asked Questions.

Get Started Faster

You can get started faster by emailing completed forms to

Will You Need a Permit?

In general, any filming that occurs within the City of Moreno Valley requires a film permit. The only exceptions are:

  • News media
  • Family or personal use video
  • Charitable films that qualify under Section 501 (c) (3) of the IRS Code
  • Still photographers
  • Student films
  • Public education, or government access films
  • Films made at a currently licensed/permitted studio


  • Review the General Rules and Regulations and the FAQs. Call the Film Office 951.413.3057 to verify what is required to obtain your film permit in Moreno Valley.
  • Complete all forms as required by the Film Office and e-mail them to You may also mail them to:
    • City of Moreno Valley
      Film Office,
      14177 Frederick S.
      Moreno Valley, CA 92553.
  • The Film office will assist you in paying any required fees.

In this Section