Come join us and make the City of Moreno Valley an even better place!
Whatever your ability, age, gender, race, religion, or schedule, there is a way for you to make Moreno Valley a better place to live, work an play. Volunteering is an important way to take ownership in your community.
Looking to be a Police or Park Volunteer?
The Police Department has their own volunteer program. The Parks and Community Service Department has a special Park Patrol Volunteer program.
To begin the process, complete and submit the volunteer application.
How to Get Started
- Complete a Volunteer Application form and either bring it in to City Hall or mail it to Office of Emergency Management and Volunteer Services at:
City of Moreno Valley
Office of Emergency Management and Volunteer Services
14177 Frederick Street
Moreno Valley, CA 92552
- Please allow FOUR WEEKS to process your volunteer application.
- Your application will be referred to the appropriate department, division or program who will arrange to meet with you and determine where you'll be placed.
- When placement is confirmed, you will become a part of city government and our community.
Volunteer opportunities include**:
- Animal Shelter Volunteer (18+)
- Emergency Response Force (18+) *
- Ham Radio (18+)* - must have a current Ham license
- Library Volunteer (14+) - must pass library placement test
- Park Ranger (18+) * * Recreation Coach (18+)*
* These programs require fingerprinting background checks.
**Short-term volunteer opportunities are limited to Animal Services and the Library.
Give us a call at 951.413.3800. If you would like to speak to someone in person about our volunteer program, please call 951.413.3800 to set up an appointment. Appointments are available Monday through Thursday 7:30 a.m. to 5:15 p.m.