This is the official City of Moreno Valley Web Site.
The City of Moreno Valley neither maintains nor authorizes any other web site. Any other web site containing information about the City of Moreno Valley is the responsibility of the owners, operators and/or sponsors of that site and the City of Moreno Valley disclaims all responsibility for any web site other than this official City of Moreno Valley Web Site.
Copyright, 1996-2019 by the City of Moreno Valley. All Rights Reserved. If you would like to use any information from this site, please contact the City of Moreno Valley.
Information We Collect Automatically
If you do nothing during your visit to the web site but browse or download information, we automatically collect and store the following information about your visit:
- A partial Internet Protocol address and domain name is collected, but not the e-mail address. The partial Internet Protocol address is used to direct Internet traffic to you without identifying you individually and generate statistics used in the management of this web site;
- The type of browser and operating system you used;
- The city and zip code you used it from;
- The date and time you visited this web site;
- The web pages or services you accessed at this web site;
- The web site you visited prior to coming to this web site;
- The web site you visit as you leave this web site, and;
- If you downloaded a form, the form that was downloaded.
We use this information as aggregate data to help us maintain this site, e.g., to determine the number of visitors to different sections of our site, to ensure the site is working properly, and to help us make our site more accessible and useful. Our web site logs do not identify a visitor by personal information, and we make no attempt to link other web sites with the individuals that browse our web site. Individuals have the right to have any electronically collected personal information deleted by the City, without reuse or distribution. Individuals may request to have their electronically collected personal information deleted via the contact form reachable from the “Contact Us” link at the bottom of each page.
Electronically collected personal information is exempt from requests made under the Public Records Act.
Other Information We Collect
If you choose to identify yourself (or otherwise provide us with personal information) when you use our online forms:
- If you request information, services, or assistance, we may disclose your personal information to those third parties that (in our judgment) are appropriate in order to fulfill your request. If, when you provide us with such information, you specify that you do not want us to disclose the information to third parties, we will honor your request. Note, however, that if you do not provide such information, it may be impossible for us to refer, respond to or fulfill your request.
- If your communication relates to a law enforcement matter, we may disclose the information to law enforcement agencies that we deem appropriate.
Government Code § 11015.5 prohibits all state agencies from distributing or selling any electronically collected personal information about users to any third party without the permission of the user. The City does not sell any “electronically collected personal information.” Any distribution of “electronically collected personal information” is used solely for the purposes for which it was provided to us.
How Long We Keep Information
We may keep information that will collect for an unlimited period of time.
Please note that electronic communication, particularly email, is not necessarily secure against interception. Please do not send sensitive data (e.g., Social Security, bank account, or credit card numbers) by email or web form.
For site security purposes this government computer system may employ software programs to monitor network traffic. Anyone using this system consents to the monitoring of their use by system or security personnel.
Unauthorized use, tampering with or modification of this system—or its supporting hardware or software—may violate federal or other statutes and may subject the violator to criminal and civil penalties. In the event of unauthorized intrusion, all relevant information regarding possible violation of law may be provided to law enforcement officials.