The City of Moreno Valley provides trash, recycling and special waste handling services to residents and businesses through a contract with Waste Management. No other haulers are authorized to operate within the City.
- Place all waste in the appropriate container and close the lid. See Pick the Right Cart.
- Trash, recyclables and greenwaste placed outside of carts will not be collected.
- Place your carts at the curb by 6 am on your collection day.
- Roll carts into the street and place them against the curb with the handles facing your home.
- Place carts at least two feet apart from other carts and objects.
- Emptied carts must be removed from curbside by 6 pm on the same day and placed out of public view.
Here's what should go in each cart:
Here's an illustration:
This map shows the pickup locations/dates for residents in the City:
Questions & Answers
- Where can I recycle my bottles and cans?
Here is a map of local recycling centers...
- Do I have to have a trash collection service?
Yes. Moreno Valley requires all residential and business properties to have trash collection services. The City contracts with Waste Management to provide collection and recycling services. No other haulers are authorized to operate in the City.
- What if I want to haul my own trash?
Residents may apply for a Self-haul permit or calling the City of Moreno Valley at 951.413.3109.
- Did you know?
A typical family consumes 182 gallons of soda, 29 gallons of juice, 104 gallons of milk and 26 gallons of bottled water a year. That's a lot of containers – let’s make sure they're recycled!
MoVal residents do not have to go out of their way to recycle. There are approximately 11 recycling centers citywide that buy back empty California Refund Value (CRV) beverage containers, most conveniently located near places you live and work.
Find a recycling center near you. You can also visit CalRecycles CRV for more information on material types subject to CRV.