Stay Warm! Protect Your Health When It’s Cold!
For immediate release: December 22, 2017
Follow these tips to stay safe and warm:
- Drink warm fluids like hot cider or soup.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine.
- Keep your home warm. Turn on your heater.
- Wear several thin layers of clothing.
- Move family pets indoors out of the elements.
- Know the location of the nearest Warm Center.
- Have your home heating system inspected.
- Never bring heating devices into the home that are intended for outdoor, including charcoal.
You are also at risk if you have certain medical conditions, take medication for high blood pressure, have a mental health condition, or have been using drugs or alcohol.
Warm Center Locations in Moreno Valley
Moreno Valley Library
25480 Alessandro Blvd. Moreno Valley
(Alessandro & Kitching)
Mon. – Thurs.: 9 am – 8 pm
Fri.: 9 – 6 pm
Sat.: 9 am – 5 pm
Sun: 12 noon – 5 pm
Moreno Valley Senior Center
25075 Fir Ave. Moreno Valley
(Fir Ave & Perris Blvd)
Mon. – Thurs: 8 am – 4 pm
# # #
Upon request, this news release will be made available in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities, in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Any person with a disability who requires a modification or accommodation in order to participate in this meeting should direct such requests to Guy Pegan, ADA Coordinator, at 951.413.3120 at least 72 hours before the meeting. The 72-hour notification will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting.