Office of Emergency Management Advises Residents to Take Precautionary Measures during High Winds
For immediate release: December 4, 2017
The National Weather Service is reporting a High Wind Advisory in effect from Monday, December 4th through Saturday, December 9th with the potential for gusts of winds ranging from 20-60 mph in certain areas. Winds may reach higher speeds and last longer than forecast in certain areas of the County.
Residents and business owners are advised to take all precautionary measures to secure buildings:
- Store loose, lightweight objects such as lawn furniture, potted plants, garbage cans, garden tools, and toys inside
- Anchor objects that would be unsafe outside, such as gas grills or propane tanks
- Close up and secure patio umbrellas or store inside
- Secure retractable awnings
- Remove aerial antennas and satellite television dishes
Please contact the City of Moreno Valley Office of Emergency Management at 951.413.3800 or firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or concerns.
# # #
Upon request, this news release will be made available in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities, in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Any person with a disability who requires a modification or accommodation in order to participate in this meeting should direct such requests to Guy Pegan, ADA Coordinator, at 951.413.3120 at least 72 hours before the meeting. The 72-hour notification will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting.