City of Moreno Valley to Host 4th Annual Public Safety Expo
For immediate release: March 15, 2017
Mark your calendar for the City of Moreno Valley’s 4th Annual Public Safety Expo on Saturday, April 1 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Moreno Valley's finest - police officers and firefighters - will give residents an interactive look into how they keep our City safe. From beginning to end, the Public Safety Expo's schedule is packed with exciting police and fire demonstrations and hands-on exhibits sure to entertain and inform.
Public Safety Expo
Saturday, April 1
10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Moreno Valley Civic Center
22850 Calle San Juan de los Lagos
Bring the whole family to meet the police officers and firefighters, eat some great food, and enjoy music and giveaways.
The Public Safety Expo also provides a unique opportunity for job seekers and students to find out more about a career with the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department, CAL FIRE/ Riverside County Fire Department or one of the other regional agencies that serve Moreno Valley.
Don't miss this opportunity to get up close and personal with Moreno Valley's heroes!
The 2017 Public Safety Expo will include:
- Live fire suppression and car-cutting demonstrations—See first-hand how Moreno Valley firefighters free car accident victims trapped in vehicles
- Live demonstrations by the Hazardous Device Team Robotics—Watch the HDT robot maneuver to safely evaluate potentially threatening objects
- Learn “sidewalk CPR” and how to use Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs)
- K-9 unit demonstrations of finding and apprehending a suspect, sniffing out drugs, and locating a missing person
- An interactive house trailer which provides a controlled environment to learn how to properly extinguish a stove fire, how to respond appropriately to a smoke detector, and how escape a house fire safely
- Fire engines, police cars and motorcycles, helicopters and other emergency response vehicles
- MADD Crash Car exhibit which will show how driving while drinking or using drugs can impact lives
- Tours of the Emergency Operations Center which will allow visitors to learn more about the Citywide Camera System and the City’s state-of-the-art disaster preparedness and response system
- Moreno Valley Animal Shelter Adoption Event. Become a hero by adopting a shelter animal at the Public Safety Expo.
Demonstrations and displays are subject to change as emergency needs arise.
The 2017 Public Safety Expo will take place at the Moreno Valley Civic Center, 22850 Calle San Juan de los Lagos between Frederick Street and Veterans Way.
Parking is free and available at nearby City Hall and at the Moreno Valley Conference and Recreation Center.
# # #
Upon request, this news release will be made available in appropriate alternative formats to persons with disabilities, in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Any person with a disability who requires a modification or accommodation in order to participate in this meeting should direct such requests to Guy Pegan, ADA Coordinator, at 951.413.3120 at least 72 hours before the meeting. The 72-hour notification will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting.